VICTORIA GARNER, B.A.S., J.D.
We were delighted to welcome Victoria Garner as an associate lawyer in February, 2016.
Victoria’s practice focuses on the areas of business and real estate law, wills and incapacity planning and family law. She assists clients by drafting and advising on business and employment agreements, commercial leases, space-sharing agreements, domestic contracts (cohabitation, marriage and separation agreements), and all aspects of home purchase and sale. She prepares Wills, Powers of Attorney and Representation Agreements. Victoria has a strong dedication to her clients and assists them by providing practical and valuable advice.
Victoria completed her law degree at the University of Victoria where she attended the Law Centre intensive clinical program and was a member of the Business Law Association. In 2015 she was called to the Ontario Bar and British Columbia Bar. Prior to that she articled at the Ministry of Attorney General and worked at the Ontario Securities Commission.
She has an undergraduate degree in Business from York University and prior to attending law school Victoria worked in banking and wealth management services.
She is a member of the Canadian Bar Association (CBA) and Victoria Bar Association and is the Chair of the Vancouver Island Wills and Trusts Section of the CBA.
Victoria speaks three languages fluently: Ukrainian, Russian and English and understands some Polish. She has a black belt in Shotokan karate and enjoys camping in Jordan River, hiking, biking and traveling to Latin America, Europe and Asia.
Resume of Victoria Garner
Called to the Bar, 2015, in British Columbia and Ontario
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia, 2015
- Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada (non-practicing status), 2015
- University of Victoria, Juris Doctor, 2013
- York University, Bachelor of Business Administration, 2010
- Winner of the following scholarships: York International Mobility Award, Ontario International Education Scholarship, Atkinson Sessional Academic Achievement List, York University Entrance Scholarship
- Secretary of Victoria Wills and Trusts Section of the Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Member of the Vancouver Island Commercial and Real Estate Section of the CBA
- Member of the British Columbia Business Law Section of the CBA
- Member of the Victoria Bar Association