LIANNE MACDONALD, LL.B
A graduate of the University of Victoria Law School, Lianne moved directly to Sidney where she has enjoyed a local practice since 1991. She has considerable experience with estates, wills, real estate, business law, and construction law. Additionally, Lianne has acted as legal counsel for a broad range of clients in the British Columbia Ministries of Health, Attorney General, and Advanced Education, Training and Technology, and is a skilled contract writer. Lianne is a charter member of the Rotary Club of Sidney by the Sea and a committed community volunteer. She and her family reside on the Saanich Peninsula.
Lianne is committed to providing practical, well-grounded legal representation. Her approach is interested and caring, resulting in celebrated client relations.
Resumé of Lianne Macdonald
Called to the Bar, 1991, British Columbia
Education and Scholastic Achievement:
- University of Victoria, Bachelor of Laws, 1990
- University of Victoria, Faculty of Education, 1983 – 1987
- Winner of the following University of Victoria Scholarships: President’s Scholarship; Frank and Margaret Gibbs Scholarship; UVIC Faculty Scholarship; and Faculty of Education Memorial Scholarship
- Thorough research and careful interpretation of legal issues
- Concise written opinions, and plain language contracts and policies
- Diligent analysis and editing of proposed documents
- Professionally negotiated settlements
- Topical workshops for small businesses, seniors groups, professional organizations, and community charities
- Charter Member and former Secretary, Rotary Club of Sidney By the Sea (1990 – present)
- Director, Peninsula Foundation (2002 – present)
- Founding Member and Director, Youth Establishing Entertainment in Sidney, and the Peninsula Youth Centre (1992 – 1996)
- Director, Town of Sidney Advisory Committee to the Sidney Museum, (1993-1995)
- Director, Saanich Peninsula Chamber of Commerce (1992-1994)
Lianne, I wanted to say thank you for your help with making out our wills. We have not needed legal advice until now so I was not looking forward to searching for a lawyer that I trust. You made the whole process easy to understand and my wife and I feel that, with your guidance, we were able to make the proper decisions in regards to our children’s future. I would have no problem recommending you as you are friendly, professional, you listened to our needs, and you are affordable. Thank you for helping us know that our children will be safe and secure if we aren’t around to take care of them.
This is just a quick note to let you know how much we appreciated your personal service in preparing a power of attorney for my mother last month. As you know, Mom is quite challenged with the English language and she needs a lot of clarifications. Your draft given to her ahead of time, your use of regular language rather than legalese and your patience with her in your office meant so much to her. She was just as much at ease as when she conducts business in her native French language. So, once again, many thanks for the human touch.
Once again, many thanks to both you and Lianne for all the hard work and follow up. There are so many little, but very important, details and rules to follow it’s amazing how you manage to remember all of them, especially when they keep changing the goal posts! Excellent job!