KARL MAIER, B.A., LL.B, TEP
Karl Maier delivers thoughtful, creative solutions to people at all stages of life, in their personal and business affairs. After practicing law for over 20 years in New Westminster, Surrey and Vancouver, he is excited to return to Vancouver Island to join Beacon Law Centre as an associate lawyer. So far, the themes of Karl’s legal career have been working through complicated situations, and protecting vulnerable adults. Karl is most often found in Beacon Law Centre’s Victoria office, working on matters involving estate, trust, company/society, and real estate issues.
Resumé of Karl Maier
• International Baccalaureate Diploma, United World College of South East Asia
• Bachelor of Arts, McGill University
• Bachelor of Laws, University of Victoria
• Canadian Bar Association (section member, executive member)
• Law Society of BC (guest instructor)
• Access Pro Bono Society of BC (volunteer lawyer)
• Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (full member)
• Crisis and Suicide Prevention Centre of BC (director and president)
• Douglas College Foundation (director)
• Sorrento Centre (director and vice-president)
Karl lives with his spouse Denise, who is a college instructor and accomplished early childhood educator. Their three children are all pursuing higher education and exploring the new field of “adulting”. His other interests are cycling, sailing, and environmental action.
My husband and I needed to make our wills. Beacon Law had been referred to us by a coworker. We sat down with Karl Maier and he went through everything with us making what could be an unpleasant task easy. Everything was tailored just the way we wanted it to be.