KARL MAIER, B.A., LL.B, TEP
Karl Maier delivers thoughtful, creative solutions to people and businesses at all stages of life and development. The focus of his legal career is to support his clients’ decision making, to communicate clearly, and to show care for every person he meets. After working in both the private and public sectors in the Lower Mainland, he was excited to return to Vancouver Island to join the lawyers at Beacon Law Centre, to support their success, and to learn ‘at the feet of the masters’. He has not been disappointed – every day brings a new and welcome challenge.
Resumé of Karl Maier
• International Baccalaureate Diploma, United World College of South East Asia
• Bachelor of Arts (History and Economics), McGill University
• Bachelor of Laws, University of Victoria
• Canadian Bar Association (section member, executive member)
• Law Society of BC (guest instructor, professional legal training course)
• Access Pro Bono Society of BC (volunteer lawyer)
• Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (full member)
• Crisis and Suicide Prevention Centre of BC (board chair and president)
• Douglas College Foundation (director)
• Sorrento Centre (director and vice-president)
• Sorrento Centre Foundation (board chair and president)
Karl lives with his spouse Denise, whose career has focused on children and families, and their two cats. They have three children pursuing higher education and exploring the new field of “adulting”. Karl’s other interests are cycling, sailing, and environmental action.
My husband and I needed to make our wills. Beacon Law had been referred to us by a coworker. We sat down with Karl Maier and he went through everything with us making what could be an unpleasant task easy. Everything was tailored just the way we wanted it to be.
Thank you for all your expertise and advice over the last months with respect to a court application for a committeeship. I am happy to recommend your services to any one on the island that is in search for advice in these matters.
Karl is wonderful to work with. He gives frank advice, responds quickly to questions, and genuinely seems to care about my business. I highly recommend him.